(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Ahead of the reopening of Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World is detailing the requirements for face coverings for guests and Cast Members.
- All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the guest to remain hands-free
- Unacceptable styles:
- At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas are not acceptable face coverings.
- Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with Disney’s existing rules.
- Disney is also reminding guests that face coverings are not a substitute for physical distancing.
- For more information on the new policies and safety guidelines at the resort, please visit our Walt Disney World Reopening Guide.
Good to Know:
- All guests (ages 2 and older) and Cast Members older must wear a face covering at all times, except when dining or swimming.
- Guests will need to bring their own face coverings with them. Additional face masks are available for purchase at Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs.
- Disney has had a face covering policy in place since phased reopening of Disney Springs began back in May.
shopDisney Face Masks: