Mondo has released images of the full collection of eight album sleeve covers by artist Paul Mann from within The Mandalorian Season One Soundtrack Vinyl Box Set. The set will go on sale for pre-orders today beginning at 10:00 AM Pacific Time for $200 at the official Mondo website, but will not ship to consumers until November.
What they’re saying:
- Mondo: “It's no longer a secret that Ludwig Göransson is the most talented and exciting person working in film and television music right now. But what goes unspoken is his chameleon-like ability to play within multiple genres, even within single cues of his songwriting for the screen. His music for films like CREED and BLACK PANTHER showcase not only his collaborative nature, but also his relationship to pop and hip hop, as well as blending untraditional instrumentation with traditional orchestras. His score for The Mandalorian is similarly masterful in its ability to be wildly experimental while never feeling out of place – like a synth spaghetti western score that feels inspired in equal parts to Ennio Morricone, John Williams. and Hans Zimmer, while also never feeling like a pastiche. We are honored to be the home for this complete score.”
ORIGINAL POST FROM 7/26:
One of the best features of the highly acclaimed instant-hit live-action Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian is undeniably its score by Ludwig Göransson, which draws from the series’ western and samurai roots to create something wholly unique to the Star Wars universe, while simultaneously honoring the work that composer John Williams did in first bringing the franchise to life more than four decades ago.
Göransson’s score for each episode of The Mandalorian has been available digitally, but fans have been keeping their eyes open for the possibility of a digital release at some point down the line. Now, thanks to a semi-secretive announcement yesterday during Mondo’s “Art of Soundtracks” presentation in conjunction with [email protected] weekend, we know we’ll be getting a boxed set of this wonderful music from A Galaxy Far, Far Away sooner rather than later.
- Mondo Records has announced an eight-disc vinyl soundtrack boxed set collecting composer Ludwig Göransson’s music from the first season of The Mandalorian.
- Artist Paul Mann did paintings representing all eight episodes, and each individual sleeve of this release will feature these new artworks.
- The release for this boxed set is planned for sometime between now and the beginning of The Mandalorian season 2 on Disney+.
- During the announcement, Mondo seems to have spelled the title of The Mandalorian wrong (as “The Mandolorian”) on their lower-third chyron, but the logo text on the boxed set spine seems to have the correct spelling.
- The art for this release has not yet been approved by Lucasfilm or series creator Jon Favreau, but Mondo is waiting to hear back hopefully sometime soon.
What they’re saying:
- Mondo: “We’re going to be releasing the entire first season of The Mandalorian. It’s an 8-LP box set. Every single cover is phenomenal.”