Disney Junior has announced The Chicken Squad, inspired by the book series, will premiere on Disney Junior on May 14.
- The Chicken Squad is a new Disney Junior series inspired by the children’s book by Doreen Cronin.
- The series will follow three young chicken siblings — Coop, Sweetie, and Little Boo, and their retired search and rescue dog mentor, Captain Tully.
- They will go on problem-solving adventures in their backyard helping friends while modeling what it means to be a good community helper.
- Each episode will have two 11-minute stories featuring a recurring anthem “Chicken Charge,” and at least one new original song.
- There will also be a digital soundtrack released on Friday, May 14.
- Yvette Nicole Brown as Captain Tully
- Ramone Hamilton as Coop
- Gabriella Graves as Sweetie
- Maxwell Simkins as Little Boo
- Tony Hale as Frazz, a nervous squirrel
- Jane Lynch as Dr. Dirt, a forensic scientist snail
- Melissa Rauch as Dinah, the chicks’ mother
- Sean Giambrone as Riley, a gruff pack rat
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Lt. Scruffy, a retired firehouse dog
- Melissa Villaseñor as Wheeze and Zack Pearlman as Snick, mischievous raccoon siblings
- The guest voice cast for season one includes Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Rebeecca, a nervous honeybee and Chrissie Fit (Pitch Perfect) as Quilla, a friendly porcupine.
More on the Series:
- The Chicken Squad was developed and is executive produced by Tom Rogers (Elena of Avalor). Rachel Ruderman (Sofia the First) is co-producer and story editor, Tony Trujillo (FarmVille 2) is art director, and Elliot M. Bour (Elena of Avalor) and Scott Bern (Puppy Dog Pals) are supervising directors.
- Alex Geringas (Voltron: Legendary Defender) and Mike Himelstein (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) are the series’ songwriters, and Gregory James Jenkins (T.O.T.S.) is the composer.
- The series is produced by Wild Canary in association with Disney Junior.
You can catch The Chicken Squad when it premieres on Friday, May 14 at 7:30 pm ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes on Disney Junior and on the DisneyNOW app.