In an effort to have some fun with the 2021 hybrid live and virtual Oscars Ceremony, the producers of this year’s award show have announced the presenters via a fun video.
- This year’s Oscars Ceremony will look a little different as the prestigious awards come to audiences live with both virtual and in-person elements.
- The producers for the show, Jesse Collins, Stacey Sher and Steven Soderbergh, are taking a fun approach and treating the Oscars as a movie.
- For the 2021 event, they’ve decided to “cast” a bevy of impressive actors and directors as presenters whom audiences will love. Take a look:
- Starring” in 93rd Oscars ceremony are:
- Angela Bassett
- Halle Berry
- Bong Joon Ho
- Don Cheadle
- Bryan Cranston
- Laura Dern
- Harrison Ford
- Regina King
- Marlee Matlin
- Rita Moreno
- Joaquin Phoenix
- Brad Pitt
- Reese Witherspoon
- Renée Zellweger
- Additional talent joining the show to be announced.
- The 93rd Oscars airs live on ABC, Sunday, April 25, at 8 pm EDT/5 pm PDT.
What They’re Saying:
- Show producers Jesse Collins, Stacey Sher and Steven Soderbergh: “In keeping with our awards-show-as-a-movie approach, we’ve assembled a truly stellar cast of stars. There’s so much wattage here, sunglasses may be required.”
More Oscars News:
- Prior to the big event, ABC and ABC News Live will air Oscars Countdown LIVE! specials that feature a look at this year’s nominees, the historic year for Hollywood and much more.
- Speaking of 2021 Oscar nominees, we’ve got the full list of films, shorts, and actors, and directors who’ve received nods this year. Plus, if you feel like watching, here’s a video of Pryanka Chopra Jonas and Nick Jonas announcing all the nominees.