Thomas Kretschmann (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Cars 2) has reportedly joined the cast of the fifth Indiana Jones film.
- The Wrap has reported that Thomas Kretschmann who played Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in Avengers: Age of Ultron will join the cast of the upcoming Indiana Jones film.
- In addition to Kretschmann, it was recently reported that Mads Mikkelsen had joined the cast alongside Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Harrison Ford.
- Film composer John Williams who has composed the musical scores for all four previous Indiana Jones feature films was also announced to return to the Indiana Jones franchise.
- This fifth Indiana Jones movie will be directed by James Mangold (Logan, Ford v Ferrari), who took over for Steven Spielberg on the project early last year.
- The project was first announced back in 2016, originally expected to hit theaters in 2019. At the time, it was being written by David Koepp, who wrote the screenplay for Jurassic Park and the previous Indiana Jones film, Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls.
- Indiana Jones 5 is scheduled to be released into theaters on July 29, 2022.