Next month, Marvel and Scholastic’s new middle-grade graphic novel about Miles Morales will arrive in stores, providing young readers with new stories about the hero. Today, Marvel shared an excerpt from the book with vivid images and a few surprises.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- The original middle-grade graphic novel, Miles Morales: Shock Waves will swing into stores on June 1st.
- Fans of the web-slinger will enjoy the new story from best-selling author Justin A. Reynolds (Opposite of Always, Early Departures) and Eisner-nominated artist Pablo Leon.
- In anticipation of the upcoming release, Marvel shared an eleven page excerpt to get fans excited for the new book.
- Miles Morales: Shock Waves kicks off the original graphic novel program geared towards young readers, between Marvel Entertainment and Scholastic, as part of Scholastic’s Graphix Media line.
- Following Miles' story will be an all-new adventure centered on Kamala Khan—learn more about the original middle-grade graphic novel, Ms. Marvel: Stretched Thin, from Nadia Shammas and Nabi H. Ali!
About Miles Morales: Shock Waves:
- “Miles Morales is a normal school kid who happens to juggle school at Brooklyn Visions Academy while swinging through the streets of Brooklyn as Spider-Man. After a disastrous earthquake strikes his birthplace of Puerto Rico, Miles springs into action to help set up a fundraiser for the devastated island. But when a new student's father goes missing, Miles begins to make connections between the disappearance and a giant corporation sponsoring Mile's fundraiser. Who is behind the disappearance, and how does that relate to Spider-Man?”
Here are the first three pages of the Shock Waves. For the rest of the sneak peek, visit Marvel.com.