- Deadline has reported that ABC’s fairytale drama pilot Epic will have Sarah Hyland joining the cast.
- Hyland will play Rose, a princess about to marry her prince charming as he starts to have second thoughts. Rose trying to preserve her dreams opens her up to an unexpected world.
- Hyland will be joined by Brittany O’Grady and Eleanor Fanyinka in the upcoming series.
More on ABC’s Epic:
- From Deadline: “Epic is a romantic anthology series that reinvents fairytales for a new audience. It is set in the fairytale universe of Disney and will center on a whole new set of new heroes, villains, princes, princesses, and all manner of magical beings.”
- The series comes from Brigitte Hales who was a writer and executive story editor for ABC’s Once Upon a Time. She is currently writing for Disney+’s Disenchanted, the sequel to Disney’s Enchanted.
- Epic is also being worked on by Once Upon a Time creators and executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.
- James Griffiths will direct and executive produce ABC’s upcoming fairytale drama series. He previously directed and executive produced the pilot for the Disney+ series The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers.
- The show is being produced by ABC Signature.