The Undefeated and Hollywood Records have announced the artists and track list for their four part musical series, Music for the Movement. Vol. 3 titled Liberated will be available to commemorate Juneteenth.
- Liberated / Music For The Movement Vol. 3 EP is set for release Friday, June 18, in celebration of Juneteenth.
- The EP is the third volume of a four-part series between The Undefeated and Hollywood Records.
- Liberated celebrates themes of Black beauty, self-love, Afrofuturism, and Black empowerment in song.
- Sonically the EP is an infusion of jazz, funk, neo-soul, hip-hop and R&B, as well as spoken word, that is fresh, vibrant, experimental and genre-bending.
- Liberated explores embracing Black authenticity uninhibitedly. It’s centered on Black America becoming the author of its own story and adopting an unapologetic Black pride.
- Volume III shifts its focus away from the long-suffered trauma to revel in the strengths that make the Black community unique, original and extraordinarily resilient. The project is a celebration of Black art, style, beauty, creativity and success as a culture and a people.
Artwork and Track List:
- As with the first two volumes, all the music and illustrations are created by Black artists. The cover illustrations for
- Liberated were created solely by South African illustrator Karabo.
- Liberated consists of five tracks including:
- “What’s Life,” by Cordae featuring Common
- “Running Blind” by rising singer and songwriter Lucky Daye
- “To Be A Black Girl” spoken word from actress and activist Yara Shahidi
- Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” by singer/songwriter/actress/producer Chloe Bailey
- “ Sun Kissed Child” by American Jazz Saxophonist Kamasi Washington
Music for the Movement: