Production has begun on Better Nate Than Ever, a live-action musical film coming to Disney+, and Lisa Kudrow has been cast in a key role.
- Deadline has revealed that Lisa Kudrow has been cast in Better Nate Than Ever, which is now filming in New York City.
- The film is based on a novel of the same name by Tim Federle, showrunner for High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
- Federle adapted his novel for the screen, a story about two 13-year-old friends who sneak away to New York City to audition for a Broadway show when neither of them are cast in their school musical.
- Marc Platt is producing, who’s recent work includes Disney’s Cruella and Mary Poppins Returns in addition to La La Land.
- Lisa Kudrow will play Heidi, the long-lost aunt of the main character Nate who lives in New York City.
- While the film is a musical, Kudrow’s part is a non-singing role.
- Best known for playing Phoebe Buffay on Friends, Lisa Kudrow’s past Disney work includes the Touchstone Pictures comedy Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion, voicing Aphrodite in the animated Hercules TV series, and starring in Searchlight Pictures’ Table 19.
- Although filming has already begun, no other casting announcements have been made.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)