Disney Junior audiences will soon join Spider-Man for new adventures in the upcoming series Marvel’s Spidey and his Amazing Friends. Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy fame has written and performed the show’s theme song which was released today.
- Fall Out Boy lead singer, Patrick Stump, will perform the theme song for Disney Junior’s new animated series Marvel’s Spidey and his Amazing Friends.
- In addition to performing, writing and producing the theme, Stump serves as songwriter and composer for the series.
- The digital soundtrack, Disney Junior Music: Spidey and His Amazing Friends, is set for release Friday, September 17th, on Walt Disney Records.
- Ahead of the soundtrack debut, fans can enjoy the theme song now on the Disney Junior Hits Playlist (track 16 on the Spotify playlist), available on all major music streaming platforms.
- The series is slated to premiere on Disney Junior in summer 2021.
- Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, and Miles Morales will team up to take on enemies such as:
- Doc Ock
- Green Goblin
- And of course they’ll have a little help along the way from friends like:
- Ms Marvel
- Black Panther
- Geared towards preschoolers and their families, the Amazing Friends models the importance of teamwork and helping others and highlights themes of friendship, cooperation and problem-solving.
What He’s Saying:
- Patrick Stump: “When I was approached to write the music for Marvel’s Spidey and his Amazing Friends, I was first just excited to hear that Disney Junior was doing this show, and secondly, I think it took me all of 10 minutes to say yes and start writing the theme song in my head. As a lifelong Marvel fan, this is a dream come true for me, and I can’t wait for kids and families, including my own kids, to see the show when it premieres this summer.”
- “Our favorite neighborhood web-slinger is used to working solo, but now Peter Parker must discover what it takes to become a truly amazing super hero: being a spider friend who works well with others. Together with his friends Miles Morales and Gwen AKA Ghost-Spider, they will team up with heroes such as Hulk, Black Panther and Ms. Marvel, to defeat evil foes and learn that teamwork is the best way to save the day.”
- Marvel’s Spidey and his Amazing Friends is produced by Disney Junior and Marvel Entertainment in association with Atomic Productions.
- Harrison Wilcox (Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest) is executive producer, and Steve Grover (Hello Ninja) is supervising producer.
- Chris Moreno (Muppet Babies) and Chris Gilligan (T.O.T.S.) serve as supervising director and consulting director, respectively.