Fans of the beloved 2003 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic are going to want to get their wallets out, because Hasbro has just announced a new six-inch-scale action figure in its popular The Black Series line depicting one of the game’s most memorable characters.
Yes, the loyal Wookiee known as Zaalbar will be joining Star Wars: The Black Series’ Gaming Greats collection as a GameStop exclusive, with pre-orders starting tomorrow.
- Hasbro has announced a new Zaalbar action figure for its six-inch The Black Series line of Star Wars toys, under the “Gaming Greats” sub-category depicting characters from popular Star Wars video games.
- The Wookiee known as Zaalbar first appeared as a playable character in the 2003 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
- Hasbro’s Star Wars: The Black Series Zaalbar will become available to pre-order tomorrow, June 15, at 1:00 PM Eastern Time exclusively from GameStop.
What they’re saying:
- Hasbro: “Fans and collectors can imagine exciting moments from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES GAMING GREATS 6-INCH ZAALBAR Figure, inspired by the STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC video game. STAR WARS fans and collectors can display this 6-inch-scale fully articulated figure featuring poseable head, arms, and legs, as well as premium deco, in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes figure and 2 accessories.”
- Wookieepedia: “Zaalbar, also nicknamed "Big Z" by Mission Vao, was a male Wookiee who aided the former Sith Lord Revan in his quest throughout the galaxy to find and destroy the Star Forge superweapon. Originating from the Mid Rim Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk, Zaalbar was the son of Wookiee Chieftain Freyyr, but had been exiled from his homeworld. Zaalbar was considered in Wookiee culture to be a madclaw, a title of dishonor, as he had attacked his brother Chuundar with his climbing claws, violating a Wookiee code of conduct.”