Disney stars Dara Reneé and Kyliegh Curran discuss the importance of representation in the latest installment of Disney+ Voices.
- Dara Reneé, who plays Kourtney in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, and Kyliegh Curran, who plays Harper in Secrets of Sulphur Springs, are the latest Disney stars to be featured in this web series.
- The two actors discuss what it takes to make themselves heard while navigating the entertainment industry through the lens of the Black experience.
- You can watch the full video below:
About High School Musical: The Musical: The Series:
- “The East High Wildcats, who are preparing to perform “Beauty and the Beast” as their spring musical, face off against rival school North High to win a prestigious and cutthroat student theater competition. Wigs are snatched, loyalties are tested, and ballads are belted.”
- You can check out Marshal’s review of the second season here.
- Season two of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series is now streaming on Disney+ with new episodes being released every Friday.
About Secrets of Sulphur Springs:
- “Secrets of Sulphur Springs followed 12-year-old Griffin Campbell (Preston Oliver), whose world has been upended by his father, Ben (Josh Braaten), after he moves the family from Chicago to take ownership of an abandoned hotel property, The Tremont. Now, the family—which also includes Griffin’s mother, Sarah (Kelly Frye), and his younger twin siblings, Wyatt (Landon Gordon) and Zoey (Madeleine McGraw)—live in The Tremont in hopes of restoring it to the lively vacation destination it once was. On his first day at his new school, Griffin hears rumors that the hotel is haunted by the ghost of Savannah (Elle Graham), a girl who disappeared decades ago. He soon meets and befriends Harper (Kyliegh Curran), a thrill-seeking classmate, and they discover a secret portal that allows them to travel back in time and uncover clues about the town mystery.”
- You can check out the first season of Secrets of Sulphur Springs on Disney+ and DisneyNow.