Walt Disney World Guests looking to have breakfast at The Wave… of American Flavors during the refurbishment will be happy to know that for a limited time, the breakfast menu will be available at California Grill.
- The Wave… of American Flavors & The Wave Lounge at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World will be unavailable starting July 16 as it undergoes refurbishment to get ready for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, but Guests will be happy to know that the breakfast menu from The Wave will be available for a limited time relocated to California Grill.
- Reservations can be made now by going to the Walt Disney World website. The reservation must be made for The Wave.
- Guests will be able to start their day with a classic a la carte American breakfast such as eggs Benedict or dive into the restaurant’s signature sweet potato pancakes served with pecan-honey butter and a side of sausage or bacon.
- Please note that in order to dine at a table-service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel, a confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests (those not staying overnight) and is highly recommended for Guests staying overnight at a Disney Resort hotel.
Reimaging of Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort will have a new room design featuring a retro-modern aesthetic evoking Tomorrowland and Disney Pixar’s The Incredibles.
- As part of the work being done, the first-floor lobby will be closing on July 16, with the front desk temporarily relocated to the second floor. Work is expected to be complete by late September on the lobby enhancements.
- Many of the Guest Services in the lobby will remain open including elevators, escalators, restrooms, and pathways to the convention center and bus transportation.