Production on the Hulu Original Series Woke has been shut down for a third time in a matter of two weeks due to positive COVID-19 tests, according to Variety.
- Woke reportedly went back into production on Monday, before there were three positive COVID tests on Wednesday.
- Two of those positive tests were in Zone A, meaning they came from people who are present on set when the actors aren’t wearing masks, including the actors themselves.
- According to Variety’s source, “actors are being put on flights home.”
- Woke began filming its eight-episode second season in Atlanta in June and only two episodes have been shot thus far.
- Prior to the production stoppages, the final day of filming was planned to be this week but now it is unclear when filming with pick up again.
- Woke is a co-production between ABC Studios and Sony, neither of which have commented on the situation.
More on Woke:
- This satirical series follows Keef, a cartoonist living in San Francisco, who is on the cusp of mainstream success when an unexpected incident changes everything, putting him in an irreversible state of “woke.” Written and executive produced by cartoonist Keith Knight, the storyline is inspired by Knight’s personal experiences with racial profiling and showcases how black culture influenced his work. This series incorporates traditional live-action elements fused with animated sequences that will bring Keef’s cartoons to life in unique ways.
- You can check out Alex’s review of the Hulu Original comedy here and watch the first season of Woke on Hulu now.
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now