Continuing with their successful track record of literary adaptations, Hulu will bring Carola Lovering’s Tell Me Lies: A Novel to their streaming platform. Announced today, Hulu has given a straight to series pick up to the show which will star Grace Van Patten as Lucy Albright.
- Hulu has announced a straight to series pick up of Tell Me Lies starring Grace Van Patten based on Carola Lovering’s novel.
- The series will follow a tumultuous but intoxicating relationship as it unfolds over the course of 8 years.
- Van Patten will play Lucy Albright, on the surface, a sheltered but well-adjusted girl from an affluent Long Island town.
- No other casting announcements have been made at this time.
- Tell Me Lies will join Hulu’s ever expanding slate of dramatic literary adaptations such as:
- Meaghan Oppenheimer will executive produce and write the pilot.
- The series comes to Hulu from 20th Television.
- “When Lucy Albright and Stephen DeMarco meet at college, they are at that formative age when seemingly mundane choices lead the way to irrevocable consequences. Although their relationship begins like any typical campus romance, they quickly fall into an addictive entanglement that will permanently alter not only their lives, but the lives of everyone around them.
- Lucy’s acerbic humor and often cool demeanor has earned her the label of ‘Ice Queen’ among her friends. But beneath her confident façade Lucy is hiding a childhood trauma that has left her feeling disconnected from her peers. When she meets Stephen, Lucy sees a dark streak in him that she recognizes in herself, and will inadvertently bring her demons to light.”
- Emma Roberts and Karah Preiss executive produce under their Belletrist banner
- Laura Lewis executive produces for Rebelle Media
- Shannon Gibson executive produces for Vice Studios
- Matt Matruski will oversee for Belletrist, with Stephanie Noonan overseeing for Rebelle Media and Sam Schlaifer overseeing for Vice-owned Refinery29.
- Adapted from Carola Lovering’s novel of the same name, Lovering will serve as a consulting producer.