Entertainment Weekly has given us our first look at the upcoming special coming straight to Disney+ later this year, Muppets Haunted Mansion, building the anticipation of seeing our favorite furry weirdos in the dark halls of one of Disney Parks’ most iconic attractions.
- Entertainment Weekly has given us our first look at the highly-anticipated new special coming to Disney+ this spooky season, Muppets Haunted Mansion.
- In the pictures, we see Miss Piggy and Kermit dressed up as each other, though the sight of Kermit as Miss Piggy isn’t quite as polished as Piggy’s Kermit and might be a bit jarring.
- We also see Gonzo and Pepe dressed in their finest Mansion-esque suits down a very long (dare we say, endless) hallway.
- This duo is appropriate since this is how we first learned of the new special, with the pair teasing that Muppets Haunted Mansion will be arriving later this year.
- According to Entertainment Weekly, Muppets Haunted Mansion will take place on Halloween, "when Gonzo is challenged to spend one very daring night in the most grim grinning place on Earth …The Haunted Mansion." Will he waltz with ghosts? Ride a Doom Buggy? Encounter the eerie Ghost Host? All will be revealed this fall.
- The special is expected to be filled with new music, celebrity cameos, and a few scares (family friendly, of course).
- No official premiere date has been released by Disney+ at this time.
- The original announcement for Muppets Haunted Mansion came with a fun Muppet-Disney Parks mash-up where fans can explore and learn about various creepy attractions around the world in a “choose your own adventure”-style video series hosted by Uncle Deadly.
- Starting with the intro video below, viewers can then select which attraction they’d like to take a closer look at: the Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort, Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disney Resort, or Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris.
- In each case, fans will learn more about the story, effects, and other magic featured in these iconic rides.