One of the more beautiful areas of Disneyland Park is getting a little bit of work done so it remains one of the more beautiful areas of Disneyland Park, as exterior work is being performed on New Orleans Square.
- New Orleans Square at Disneyland is currently under refurbishment as tents and scaffolding have gone up throughout the riverside land.
- Though the buildings are covered, most locations within are still open and operating, including the Port Royal Curios and Curiosities and Pieces of Eight.
- The tents are covered in themed art as well, including posters for beignets as well as the Royal Street Bachelors who can usually be found performing nearby.
- Recently, some windows throughout New Orleans Square hinted at a future offering themed to The Princess and the Frog, featuring Tiana and suggesting that food would be served. However, those were just teasers and nothing official was announced.
- It is unclear at this time whether or not this refurbishment is related to any new offerings coming, or just aesthetic touch-ups to keep arguably the most beautiful land at Disneyland beautiful.
- No end date for the refurbishment has been announced at this time.
ICYMI – More Disneyland News:
- As Disneyland seeks to grow and evolve, they are working together with the City of Anaheim on “DisneylandForward,” a campaign to re-zone portions of their property to allow for further expansion and offerings. As part of that, we have learned that they are seeking approval for some changes to local roadways.
- Disneyland just announced that Magic Key holders who sign up for the Resort’s new annual membership before October 30th will receive a “Charter member welcome package” that includes a commemorative pin, “and more.”
- Disney has announced dining and dessert packages Guests can soon book if they are attending Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure that will offer reserved viewing for the Frightfully Fun Parade.