- Deadline has reported that the Latinx drama Promised Land has been given a series order at ABC.
- The show, written by Matt Lopez, is an epic, generation-spanning drama about two Latinx families vying for wealth and power in California’s Sonoma Valley.
- Lopez will also executive produce the show alongside Adam Kolbrenner of Lit Entertainment Group.
- Promised Land, previously known as American Heritage, is being produced by ABC Signature and expands Lopez’s relationship with Disney where he has many previous productions under his belt including Race to Witch Mountain and The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
- John Ortiz as Joe Sandoval, the patriarch of a wealthy vineyard-owning family in the Sonoma Valley.
- Rolando Chusan as Billy, a worker on the Heritage House vineyard who dreams of one day owning the vineyard.
- Katya Martin as Juana, an immigrant from El Salvador who dreams of becoming a teacher and takes an under the table job at the Heritage House Vineyard.
- Andres Velez as Carlos Rincon, a young immigrant who has come to the Heritage Vineyard in search of a better life.
- The series will also star Cecilia Suárez as Lettie Sandoval, Augusto Aguilera as Mateo, Christina Ochoa as Veronica Sandoval, Mariel Molino as Camila Sandoval, and Tonatiuh as Antonio Sandoval.