- Last month, there were reports that the cancelled ABC series Rebel might be picked up for a second season on IMDb TV.
- Series creator Krista Vernoff announced on Twitter that this will not be the case however and Rebel will, in fact, not be returning for a second season.
THANK YOU to the fans behind the #SaveRebel campaign. Your passion was incredible. We have learned there won't be a Season 2, but we truly hope Rebel & the extraordinary @ErinBrockovich will continue to inspire you to fight the good fight in your communities and in your lives.
— Krista Vernoff (@KristaVernoff) August 16, 2021
- Vernoff took the opportunity to thank the fans in her message as many tried to keep the show alive with the “#SaveRebel campaign.”
- The cancellation of Rebel came just five episodes into its first season.
- At the time of the cancellation, series star Katey Segal took to her Instagram to share this message:
- “The abrupt announcement that there would be no season 2 based on the response from our airings came a shock and a heartbreak. Things take time to catch on. Rebel tells the story of a woman who speaks up for what is right, the show has heart and purpose, funny and tears, and we, the cast, are all scratching our heads at the reversal of support from ABC.”
- “Inspired by the life of Erin Brockovich today, Annie Rebel Bello is a blue-collar legal advocate without a law degree. She’s a funny, messy, brilliant and fearless woman who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves. When Rebel applies herself to a fight she believes in, she will win at almost any cost.”
The series stars: