With the announcement of Disney Genie coming to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort this fall, details were also shared on two additional, optional services coming along with it: Disney Genie+ and individual Lighting Lane entries. The new services will be replacing the former FASTPASS, FastPass+, and Disney MaxPass options.
- This afternoon, Disney announced Disney Genie, a new service coming to both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts to help Guests plan their day using park data to forecast better wait times for what they want to do while enjoying the resorts.
- Along with the announcement came two add-on services Guests can purchase if they choose, including Disney Genie+ and individual Lighting Lane entries. We should note, Lightning Lane is the new name for the Disney’s FASTPASS line Guests enter alongside stand-by.
- These services will all be found in the My Disney Experience app and Disneyland Resort app.
- Disney Genie+ will give Guests access to make Lightning Lane reservations for selected attractions one at a time during the day. This is similar to what MaxPass was at the Disneyland Resort
- This service will also include special extras like behind-the-scenes audio tracks on the theme parks and more.
- The Disney Genie+ service will cost $15 per person per day at Walt Disney World and $20 per person per day at the Disneyland Resort, which was the price of Disney MaxPass.
- For the more popular attractions, say a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park or Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure, Guests will be able to purchase individual Lightning Lane entries with pricing that will vary by date, attraction, and park which will be announced closer to launch.
- Attractions on the individual Lightning Lane entries services will not be on the Disney Genie+ service, so make sure to check and see which of your favorite attractions are available once they launch.
- Pricing for individual Lightning Lane entries has yet to be announced, but will vary depending on the park, the attraction, the date, and other such factors.
- While free FastPasses will no longer be offered, all attractions will continue to offer either virtual or traditional standby queues.
About Disney Genie+
- Disney Genie+ is a service that can be added for an additional fee that has similar offerings to what Disneyland Resort Guests have previously used with Disney MaxPass.
- Disney Genie+ allows Guests to book a Lightning Lane reservation for one attraction at a time, allowing them to use the Lightning Lane to have little to no wait. Once you are done experiencing the attraction, you’ll be able to make your next reservation.
- There are also special perks, including behind-the-scenes audio tracks to learn more about attractions and the parks as you visit.
- Disney Genie+ will be available to pre-purchase with a theme park ticket, or on the day you’re visiting.
- You’ll be able to check Disney Genie+ prior to purchase to see which attractions are included/have availability.
- There are no discounts that will be available at launch for Disney Genie+.
Disney Genie+ Disneyland Details:
- More than 15 attractions available for $20 per person per day.
- The first reservation can be made at park opening.
- Disney PhotoPass complimentary for the day.
Disney Genie+ Walt Disney World Details:
- More than 40 attractions available for $15 per person per day.
- The first reservation using Disney Genie+ can be made at 7:00 am ET.
- Disney PhotoPass AR Lenses available, remember that announcement Disney made with Snapchat? Here is how you can use these lenses that were previously revealed.
About Individual Lighting Lane Entries
- Individual Lighting Lane entries is the new service that will give Guests the ability to make up to two reservations for highly demanded attractions per day.
- The attractions available on this service will differ from those available through Disney Genie+.
- Attractions offered via this service will include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park, Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure, and others.
- A list of attractions for the service will be shared at a later date, letting you plan if it’s better to go for Disney Genie+, or get individual Lightning Lane entries for popular attractions you rather experience.
- Individual Lighting Lane entries can be used across multiple parks for those who want to Park Hop
- There are no discounts that will be available at launch for individual Lighting Lane entries.
- Pricing individual Lighting Lane entries will vary by date, attraction, and park and will be announced closer to launch.
Individual Lighting Lane Entries at Walt Disney World:
- Reservations can begin at park open, but Disney Resort Hotel Guests can start booking Lighting Lane starting at 7:00 am ET.
Individual Lighting Lane Entries at Disneyland:
- Reservations can be made once the park is open for the day.