- Yassir Lester, writer of Showtime’s Black Monday, has been chosen to write the script for Marvel’s Armor Wars series planned for Disney+.
- In addition to Black Monday, which stars Don Cheadle and can be seen on Hulu, Lester is known for his roles in the Fox animated series Duncanville and the HBO series Girls.
- Details on the plot for the new series are being kept under wraps but it will follow the classic comic arc which explores what happens when Tony Stark’s technology falls into the wrong hands.
- Armor Wars, which was announced during the Disney Investors Day presentation in December, will star Cheadlie, who reprises his role of James Rhodes.
- Kevin Feige will of course produce the series but a director has not yet been named.
- Marvel has not yet commented on the addition of Lester to the team.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- We’re just a couple of weeks away from the theatrical debut of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and Sanzo Sparkling Water is celebrating with a special flavor and themed cans.
- Getting excited about Marvel Studios’ Eternals? Entertainment Earth has revealed that not only can you get the Eternals Funko Pops! on their website, but each comes with an exclusive, collectible card.
- Marvel Studios has released a new clip for Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings, coming to theaters on September 3, 2021.