This winter, Marvel Comics will explore more of Ben Reilly’s story as J.M. DeMatteis returns to write Spider-Man: Ben Reilly.
- Marvel has announced that writer J.M. DeMatteis is coming back to Marvel Comics to write Ben Reilly: Spider-Man.
- Best known to fans for his influential take on other Spidey stories—Kraven’s Last Hunt and Spider-Man: The Lost Years—DeMatteis will take the reins of Ben Reilly’s arc and provide his unique voice to Peter Parker’s clone.
- DeMatteis will be joined by X-Factor and Domino artist David Baldeón as they unlock new secrets about this fan-favorite hero.
- Ben Reilly: Spider-Man will explore thrilling new mysteries set in this classic time in Spider-Man history
- The series launches in January 2022 with Ben Reilly: Spider-Man #1
- “Darkness looms over New York City as murders begin to pile up…but how are they all connected? Meanwhile, a mysterious figure from Ben’s past has crawled his way back into Ben’s life—does the Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane hold the key to their identity?”
What They’re Saying:
- J.M. DeMatteis: “What I’ve always found fascinating about Ben Reilly is that he’s Peter Parker—and yet he’s not. Life has taken Ben on a strange, twisted path and altered him, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse; but, like Peter, he’s a man who’s constantly striving to do the right thing, even if he doesn’t always succeed. Ben is wonderfully, painfully human, immensely relatable—and our new Ben Reilly: Spider-Man series allows me to dive even deeper into Ben’s psyche, to explore him in new and, I hope, interesting ways.”
- J.M. DeMatteis: "Having David Baldeon bringing this story to visual life has been the icing on the cake. David’s work is incredibly dynamic. Fluid and powerful. He nails the big moments—we’ve got some major antagonists going up against Ben—but he always holds tight to the characters’ humanity, so that even the smallest, quietest moments shine and have resonance.”
- J.M. DeMatteis: “It’s been a true joy returning the Spiderverse and reuniting with my old friend, Ben.”
Ben Reilly: Spider-Man #1
- Written by J.M. Dematteis
- Art by David Baldeón
- Cover by Steve Skroce & David Stewart
More Marvel Comics:
- Marvel is celebrating 10 year of Miles Morales as Spider-Man with a special anniversary double-sized issue coming out later this month.
- Enjoy your favorite comics as never before as the Marvel Unlimited app relaunches with a new design and other incredible features.
- For the latest news and reviews of what’s happening in the Marvel Universe, be sure to check out our weekly show Marvel Time. Mack and Benji discuss the latest in comics, share their pick of the week, and talk about all things Marvel!