Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort to celebrate the 50th anniversary will have some surprises to look forward to including character appearances.
- As the Walt Disney World Resort continues to prepare for the 50th anniversary on October 1, 2021, Disney Parks Blog has announced special moments for those staying at a Disney Resort, including surprise Disney character appearances in their EARidescent clothing.
- Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can also look forward to a special blend of Joffrey’s Coffee available in guest rooms created just for Walt Disney World’s 50th celebration.
- The Joffrey’s Coffee 50th blend will be available to purchase if you want to bring it home after your stay.
- Guests at Resorts will also be able to see Disney transportation in special 50th anniversary wraps including the monorail, Disney buses, and the Disney Skyliner.
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.