Disney has found a lead for their upcoming basketball film, Chang Can Dunk. Bloom Li will stars in the new film, according to Deadline.
- Chang Can Dunk will follow a 16-year old, constantly marginalized, not-popular high school kid and wannabe basketball player becomes obsessed with the idea of learning to dunk, all in an effort to best the school’s basketball star, Matt — and hopefully win the adoration of the very pretty Kristy.
- The new film will be written and directed by Jingyi Shao.
- Lena Waithe and Rishi Rajani will serve as producers through their Hillman Grad Productions.
- Brad Weston and Negin Salmasi will also produce the movie.
- Chang Can Dunk is intended for Disney+.
- Li’s credits include a recurring role on Hulu’s Into the Dark, Awesomeness TV’s My Dead Ex and appearances on CBS’ S.W.A.T.
ICYMI – More Disney+ news:
- Disney+ has released the trailer for Muppets Haunted Mansion, premiering on October 8, 2021.
- Disney+ also released a new ad for Disney+ Day, coming November 12, 2021.
- Disney+ Hotstar have announced “Hotstar Dosts,” featuring comedians and entertainers enhancing the cricket watching experience for VIVO IPL 2021.
- Disney revealed their content releases for October, which includes the Halloween specials LEGO Star Wars Terrifying Tales and Muppets Haunted Mansion in addition to the R.L. Stein series Just Beyond. Here’s everything we know is coming to Disney+ next month.