Keira Knightley will star in Boston Strangler, a new drama from 20th Century Studios. It will be directed by Matt Ruskin, director of Crown Heights, and produced by legendary director Ridley Scott.
- According to Deadline, Keira Knightley will portray Loretta McLaughlin, the real life reporter who broke the story of the Strangler. At a great personal risk, Loretta pursued the story with fellow reporter Jean Cole, and in the process uncovered a great level of corruption, while also challenging the sexism of the early 1960s.
- The film will begin shooting in Boston this December.
- In addition to Ridley Scott, the film will also be produced by Kevin Walsh of Scott Free, alongside Tom Ackerley and Josey McNamara of LuckyChap Entertainment.
More from 20th Century Studios:
- Shawn Simmons will write an untitled thriller for 20th Century Studios, with the writers of Deadpool attached to produce.
- Character posters have been revealed featuring some of the stars of the upcoming Ridley Scott Film, The Last Duel.
- We got to see a bit more of Steven Spielberg’s upcoming West Side Story in a new trailer that dropped during the live broadcast of the 73rd Emmys on CBS.
- Asad Ayaz, President of Marketing for The Walt Disney Studios, took to Twitter recently to announce that The Bob’s Burgers Movie will be coming to theaters next Memorial Day weekend.