Due to the number of COVID cases impacting its roster, the University of Virginia is no longer able to participate in the upcoming Wasabi Fenway Bowl game.
- ESPN Events owns and operates 35 collegiate football, basketball, and softball events.
- One of those events is the Wasabi Fenway Bowl, a new football tradition coming to Fenway Park in Boston this Wednesday, December 29th.
- Both the ESPN PR and Wasabi Fenway Bowl Twitter accounts posted an update on a team’s participation in the event.
- The University of Virginia is no longer able to participate in the Wasabi Fenway Bowl game due to the number of COVID cases impacting its roster, preventing safe participation.
- Ticket refunds will automatically be posted to the payment card used for purchase within the next 14 business days.
More ESPN News:
- ESPN has responded to the cancellation of the EasyPost Hawaii Bowl, issuing a statement regarding the event and thanking fans and players for making the long trip to the Aloha state.
- As part of its expansion and commitment to multidimensional content on the intersections of sports, race and culture, The Undefeated has added two experienced journalists as senior editors at the ESPN media platform.
- ESPN boasts eight presentations of each College Football Playoff Semifinal courtesy of the network’s signature CFP MegaCast production on Friday, December 31st.