- Details regarding Bhimani’s character in the upcoming Disney+ series are currently under wraps.
- Ms. Marvel hails from writer Bisha K. Ali and centers on Kamala Khan (Iman Vellani), a Pakistani-American teen based in New Jersey. The character of Ms. Marvel first appeared in 2014 as Marvel’s first Muslim character to star in her own title, and she will become Marvel Studios’ first onscreen Muslim hero.
- Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has said that in addition to appearing on the small screen, Kamala Khan will be included in future Marvel films.
- Aramis Knight, Matt Lintz, Laurel Marsden, Rish Shah, and Saagar Shaikh are also part of the cast.
- Bisha K. Ali serves as head writer on the series. Bad Boys for Life filmmakers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah direct along with two-time Oscar doc short winner Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, and The Walking Dead director Meera Menon.
- Thanks to a look at street closures in the Hollywood area for movie and TV premieres, we know that Ms. Marvel is currently scheduled to premiere sometime between Thursday, June 2nd and Friday, June 3rd, 2022.
More Disney+ News:
- The official trailer has been released for the new French original series coming straight to Disney+ around the globe, Parallels, set to debut on March 23rd.
- Have you watched Turning Red yet? No. Go do that first. Go ahead. Go. Okay. Now that that’s taken care of, Disney+ is getting in on the DVD/Blu-Ray Bonus Features idea and has debuted a new making of documentary that dropped alongside the film when it debuted on the streaming service this weekend, Embrace the Panda: The Making of Turning Red.
- Michael Giacchino is known for contributing a vast amount of scores to films such as The Incredibles, Rogue One, the Tom Holland Spider-Man trilogy and many, many more. Well now, he’s dipping his feet in a new line of work, as he is set to direct Marvel’s upcoming Halloween special for Disney+.