To celebrate the 25th anniversary of James Cameron’s Titanic, the multiple Oscar winner and box office phenomenon has been set for a fresh theatrical release just in time for Valentine’s Day next year, according to Deadline.
- A remastered version of Titanic will be available in cinemas in 3D 4K HDR and high-frame rate, with Disney releasing internationally beginning February 10th, 2023.
- Paramount has domestic rights and is expected to also set its date in the coming days.
- The news was teased Wednesday by Cameron’s longtime producing partner, Jon Landau, when he showed off a 3D look at the remastered version at Disney’s CineEurope presentation.
- The epic that made mega-stars out of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio originally sailed into domestic movie theaters in December 1997, and rolled out over several months internationally.
- It went on to win 11 Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Editing, Best Original Song and more.
- The Titanic news follows Disney’s announcement at CinemaCon in April that Cameron’s original Avatar would get a remastered re-release on September 23rd, ahead of the debut of the first sequel, Avatar: The Way of Water, which itself releases on December 16th.