ESPN+ has officially announced that the price of a monthly ESPN+ subscription will be changing to $9.99/month (from $6.99), and the price of the annual ESPN+ subscription has changed to $99.99 (from $69.99). The new pricing goes into effect on August 23, 2022. There is no change to the standalone PPV, or to the Disney Bundle.
- The $3 a month price increase equals a 43% price hike that outstrips even the current rate of inflation.
- Beginning August 23rd, 2022, the price of an ESPN+ subscription will rise to $9.99 per month, compared with the current rate of $6.99 per month.
- Meanwhile, the cost of an annual subscription will rise to $99.99, compared with the current rate of $69.99.
- Subscribers to ESPN+ are expected to be notified officially next week.
- The price of the Disney Bundle subscription that encompasses ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu, will not change at present, nor will the current price tag for the UFC pay-per-view events ESPN shows.
- ESPN last announced a price hike for its streaming service in July of last year, and raised the monthly price to $6.99, compared with $5.99.
More ESPN News:
- The award-winning ESPN “My Wish” Series returns for its 15th season on Sunday, July 17th and features stars from the NFL, MLB and the NBA.
- ESPN’s Sr. Fantasy Football Analyst Matthew Berry has announced that he is leaving ESPN after 15 years.
- ESPN’s NFL Nation’s 10th Season will see the arrival of new reporters and some shifting assignments for veterans as the established group gears up for the 2022 NFL Season.