- Turner-Smith will join lead actress Amanda Stenberg as the only confirmed cast members for the Star Wars project from Leslye Headland.
- Details about characters, including the one played by Turner-Smith, are being kept under wraps.
- The Acolyte is set to take place in the final days of the High Republic era of the Star Wars timeline (about 50 years prior to the events of The Phantom Menace) and will focus on the emergence of secretive dark side powers.
- An acolyte in the Star Wars universe has typically referred to a Sith who has just begun their training under an experienced Sith Lord, specifically the Rule of Two, under which there are only ever two Sith in existence at a time — one master and one apprentice.
- The show’s writer, executive producer and showrunner is Leslye Headland.
- The series is expected to begin production in London in late fall.
More Disney+ News:
- Disney+ and Pixar are celebrating Lightning McQueen Day with new info about the upcoming release of their original series, Cars on the Road.
- The animated Star Wars series The Bad Batch is back for its second season, September 28th on Disney+.
- Continuing in the tradition of most Disney+ series, with a new episode comes new posters. And that’s exactly what we got for the third episode of She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, which is now streaming.