According to Deadline, prolific film and TV writer and producer Damon Lindelof is developing a new Star Wars movie with Ms. Marvel’s Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy set as director.
- Lindelof will be co-writing this secret project, though it is unknown at this time who his writing partner might be. Insiders say the script is still being written which means production is likely far out.
- That said, sources add it was important to Lucasfilm and Lindelof that a director be brought on so that person’s own vision for where they see this story headed gets included in the script, hence Obaid-Chinoy being brought in.
- Details on the actual plot of the film have not yet been revealed, and while there are many Star Wars film projects currently in development, this one supposedly has the most momentum.
More Star Wars News:
- The soundtrack to the first four episodes of Andor, composed by Emmy-winner Nicholas Britell, is now available on your favorite streaming service.
- Marvel Comics has revealed some more details on Star Wars: Revelations #1, a giant sized one-shot set to preview what lies ahead in the Star Wars comic galaxy.
- The holiday season is almost upon us, and even the creatures of a galaxy far, far away are celebrating, with some very inventive new merchandise that we spotted for sale at the Star Wars Trading Post in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort.