Disneyland has just reopened sales for select Magic Key passes, as the Resort gets ready to celebrate Disney100.
UPDATE (January 26):
- The Imagine Key is no longer available for purchase new Magic Keyholders.
- Southern California residents with an Imagine Key who are eligible for renewal will still be able to do so.
ORIGINAL (January 17):
- Select Magic Key passes are now available to purchase as of today, January 17th.
- The last time new purchases were available was in November 2022.
- At this time, the Imagine, Believe and Inspire Keys are available for new purchases.
- The mid-tier Enchant tier pass is available for renewal only.
- There are no further price changes on any of the pass levels as new pricing was rolled out in August 2022.
- Those prices are as follows:
- Imagine Key (Southern California Residents only): $449
- Enchant Key: Available only for renewals
- Believe Key: $1,099
- Inspire Key: $1,599
- New pass sales are available online only.
- Sales for new passes have begun… although queues have been lengthy so far.
- Passes are subject to availability, and passes or a pass type may not be available from time to time or at any given time.
- Of course, each pass is also subject to blockout dates.
- The Disneyland website notes that new pass sales will be paused each night at 10:00 p.m. PT. Guests will remain in the queue overnight, as long as they remain connected to the network and keep their browser window open. Pass sales will resume no earlier than 9:00 a.m. PT, the following day. That of course, is subject to availability.
- For those not paying in full, a down payment of $179 will be required. This is why guests will see a difference in monthly payment price vs. renewal monthly pricing.
- In case you were wondering, that $179 down payment number corresponds to a Tier 6 (top-tier) 1-Day, 1-Park ticket.
- This news was originally shared by theme park reporter Scott Gustin on Twitter.
Official Disneyland Statement:
- “As we shared last week, we’re making select Magic Key passes available for new sales throughout 2023 – as pass inventory becomes available – to meet the incredible ongoing demand voiced by our guests and welcome more of our biggest fans into the program. At this time, select passes are now available for new sales, and renewals for current Magic Key holders within their renewal window will continue for all available pass types.”
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning