This past weekend Spider-Man actor, Tom Holland took to Instagram to announce the title of the upcoming Spider-Man sequel.
- In an Instagram bit posted over the weekend, Tom Holland “accidentally” revealed the title of the upcoming Spider-Man film. Holland is infamous for leaking news about his Marvel role and played up the bit perfectly for his Instagram fans.
- The sequel about the web slinging hero is titled, Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Holland will reprise his role as Peter Parker in the movie that’s set to debut July 5, 2019.
More Spider-Man: Far From Home news:
- Marvel President and MCU Executive Producer, Kevin Feige commented on the film’s title, saying that it has more than one meaning.
- Feige on new film: “Well, I mean, sure, let the speculation begin. That’s always fun. We like [the title] of course because it ties into Homecoming, not just keeping that word going, which we like and we liked it more than Homecoming 2, but that notion of ‘home’ is a word that has dual meanings we’d like to continue with this [Marvel Cinematic Universe] version of Spider-Man. So, Far From Home has multiple meanings.”
- Feige on the tie-ins to Infinity War: “So, there’s a lot of fun stuff. How it connects, where it connects, when it takes place, very similar to Ant-Man and the Wasp in that we’re not gonna say right now.”
ICYMI–Marvel, Marvel, Marvel:
- Seattle hosted Ace Comic Con last week where guests panelists included: Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Hiddleston, Haley Atwell, and Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, and Tom Holland. At the panel for the latter 3, some overly excited fans used their Q&A time well, rather awkwardly. Watch the cringeworthy video here. You’ve been warned.
- Ant-Man and the Wasp premieres nationwide on July 6th.
- Spider-Man Marvel Gamerverse exclusive collectables are now available for pre-order at Game Stop. The hero will also be featured in a brand new Marvel’s Spider-Man game for PlayStation 4 set to debut on September 7th.
- Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris is celebrating the Summer of Super Heroes now through September 30th.
- A new Vans x Marvel collection hit store earlier this month. Fans for all ages and genders can display their love for Marvel comics and characters with the awesome wearables that extend beyond shoes.
- We reviewed Freeform’s new show Cloak and Dagger and it’s good, like really, really good.
- Netflix’s Luke Cage returned for season 2 this past Friday. Check out the original trailer here.