Marvel’s Spider-Man, the wildly popular PlayStation 4 game, is going to grace the pages of its very own Marvel comic, according to IGN.
- The new comic will be titled “Spider-Man: City at War” and will focus on the story of the game, in which Spider-Man takes down the Kingpin and deals with the repercussions.
- It will also include moments not seen in the game, expanding on the already-exciting story.
- “City at War” will consist of six issues and will be the first in a series of new stories Marvel is calling its “Gamerverse.”
- “City at War” will be written by Dennis Hopeless, with art by Michelle Bandini, cover by Clayton Crain and variant covers by David Nakayama, Gerardo Sandoval and Adi Granov.
- “Spider-Man: City at War” will be available March 2019.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man was released in September and quickly became the fastest selling PlayStation game of all-time.
- Be sure to check out our review of Marvel’s Spider-Man on PlayStation 4 here.
What they’re saying:
- Bill Rosemann, executive creative director of Marvel Games: “While creating the game, the writing team’s goal was to pay homage to Spider-Man’s rich history while also shaking things up to keep players on the edge of their seats. Now we’re thrilled to see our game’s original story swing full circle and come to life in the pages of this all-new comic book series in the Mighty Marvel Manner!”
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – A Very Spidey Christmas EP is now available from Sony Music Masterworks.
- Oprah Winfrey announced her support for Marvel’s record breaking film, Black Panther.
- Hasbro is releasing two new collectable Captain Marvel figures as part of their Marvel Legends series.
- Chairman of Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International Kevin Mayer said a potential revival for the Marvel series on Netflix is still “a possibility.”