Disney fans who were up early this morning and watching GMA were in for a delightful treat. A brand new trailer for Toy Story 4 debuted on during the morning news show.
- A new trailer for Toy Story 4 dropped this morning on ABC’s GMA.
- Fans of the charming Pixar franchise were given an all new look at the film during a special segment on the show.
- The trailer shows the toys hitting the road and introduces some new characters.
- In addition to Forky, who we met in the initial teaser trailer for the film, this new clip includes Gabby Gabby (voiced by Christina Hendricks), Duke Caboom (Keanu Reeves), and Giggle McDimples (Ally Maki)
- Additionally, a new poster was also revealed
What they’re saying:
Director Josh Cooley and producers Jonas Rivera and Mark Nielsen gave some insight to the new characters featured in the upcoming film:
- Josh Cooley on Gabby Gabby: “It became obvious right away that Christina was the perfect actress to play Gabby Gabby. She has the ability to sound inviting and friendly, then subtly become cold and terrifying in just a few words. It still gives me chills when I see Gabby’s introduction in the film. Also, Christina told me that she preferred playing with ventriloquist dummies over dolls as a kid. That’s when I knew it was meant to be.”
- Jonas Rivera on Duke Caboom: “The first time Josh [Cooley] and I talked with Keanu about the role, Keanu became Duke Caboom. Keanu was asking great questions that dug deep to find the soul of the character. At one point he stood up on the table in the middle of Pixar’s atrium and struck poses while proclaiming victory. It was so funny. It’s all in the movie and it’s all Keanu.
- Cooley on Giggle McDimples: “Giggle is Bo’s Jiminy Cricket—we’re able to get insight on Bo through their relationship together. Giggle is definitely the smallest toy in the Toy Story universe. She’s been stepped on, vacuumed up, and probably put up a kid’s nose in her time. Giggle McDimples literally pops on the screen because of Ally’s personality and infectious energy. Nobody can laugh like Ally Maki."
- Mark Nielsen on the dummies: “The dummies are, by far, some of the creepiest characters we’ve ever created. Our animators really leaned into the truth in materials for how our ventriloquist dummies move. Dummies’ bodies are soft with no structure, so our dummies’ arms just dangle and their legs bend backwards. Throw in their fixed expressions with their wide eyes and big hinged jaws and they’re nightmare material—in the best way possible.”
Don’t miss it:
- Disney fans can also check out the new Bo Peep topiary this spring during Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival from March 6 – June 3, 2019.
- Big Fish Games recently announced a new match-3 mobile game, Toy Story Drop! that will be available for download prior to the film's release.
- Actor Tim Allen, says Toy Story 4 “is so emotional.” During an interview on The Talk he told that audience that he had to fight back tears.
Toy Story 4 premieres on June 21, 2019.