Angelina Jolie may soon be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Deadline is reporting that the Maleficent actress is in talks to join the cast of The Eternals.
- Deadline is writing that actress Angelina Jolie is reportedly in talks to join the cast of Marvel’s The Eternals.
- The film is currently in the pre-production stage with Chloe Zhao signed on to direct. Matthew and Ryan Firpo will write the screenplay.
- It is unclear at this time what role Jolie would play.
- Disney has not provided any comment on the news.
- The Eternals is about “near-immortal beings” known as Eternals. They along with their foes the Deviants, were created cosmic beings called Celestials
- The Eternals made their comic debut in July 1976.
- Deadline speculates that more information and details about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be revealed after Avengers: Endgame.
- Marvel’s upcoming slate of films have expected release dates for May 1 and November 6 of 2020, but the titles have yet to been announced.
- Disney fans can catch Jolie this fall in the upcoming Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, on October 18.
More Marvel news:
- Marvel Studios has tapped Destin Daniel Cretton to direct Shang-Chi, the kung fu-based superhero film.
- Marvel Studios is reportedly turning one of their more unique and imaginative comic series into a television series. What If is the latest Marvel series being created for Disney+.
- Cate Shortland has been selected to direct the Black Widow standalone film. Shortland is best known for her work on Lore and Berlin Syndrome.