Marvel Studios’ Black Widow film has reportedly added two members to its cast. David Harbour and Rachel Weisz are now set to appear in the upcoming solo film for longtime Avenger, according to Variety.
- Harbour is the star of Netflix’s hit series Stranger Things as well as the upcoming comic-based Hellboy.
- Weisz is known for her roles in films like The Mummy and the Academy Award-winning film The Favourite, for which Weisz herself was nominated for an Academy Award.
- Variety did mention that the deals for both of these actors are not quite done just yet, but they are in talks to join the cast of Black Widow.
- No information has been shared as to who the two actors might be playing in the film.
- Actress Florence Pugh (Outlaw King) has also reportedly signed on for the film, along with director Cate Shortland.
- Jac Schaeffer has signed on to write the script.
- Before she gets her own movie though, Black Widow will have to survive one more fight with Thanos when Avengers: Endgame hit theaters April 26.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Tickets for Avengers: Endgame are available now and the film broke all kinds of records in its first day of presale.
- Marvel has announced three new specials in their “Marvel Rising” series, featuring some fan-favorite characters like Ghost-Spider, Shuri, Inferno and America Chavez.
- Funko, Hasbro, and shopDisney have released their licensed Endgame merchandise and you’re going to want it all.
- At WonderCon it was announced that Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return Friday, May 10 on ABC.