Each day this week, Universal Orlando is giving a look at a new magical creature from Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Today, we have our first look at a never-before-seen creature, the Blast-Ended Skrewt.
- Blast-Ended Skrewts were created by Hagrid when he crossbred Fire Crabs and Manticores.
- During their journey into the Forbidden Forest, guests will encounter Blast-Ended Skrewts up to eight feet long with tails up to 10-feet high with a massive stinger on the end.
- These creatures create flames from there “blast-end,” igniting at random intervals.
- They are also known to give off a distinct smell, similar to that of rotting fish.
- Blast-Ended Skrewts have never been seen in the films, but they were mentioned in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as well as Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure opens June 13 at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure.
- Be sure to check out the previous creatures Universal Orlando revealed for the new attraction, including Fluffy, the three-headed dog, Cornish Pixies, Devil’s Snare and Centaurs.
More on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure:
- The experience will begin with guests taking Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class before boarding a magical motorbike.
- Guests will have the option to ride either the motorcycle or the adjacent sidecar, with each one providing a unique experience.
- Guests will soar into the Forbidden Forest and encounter some of the Wizarding World’s most magnificent creatures.
- Some of the other creatures featured on the attraction will include a Centaur, a swarm of mischievous Cornish Pixies and even one that’s never been seen in the films.
- The attraction will feature rich environments and sets including a forest of 1,200 live trees.
- The coaster will reach speeds of up to 50 mph.
- The experience will also feature some challenging obstacles, including an endless pit of Devil’s Snare and more surprises along the way.
- The new attraction will fill the space previously occupied by the popular Dragon Challenge coaster.