Universal Orlando has released some new details and a sneak peek video of the Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure attraction ahead of its opening next month.
- Guests will journey beyond the ground of Hogwarts and into some seemingly abandoned ruins behind Hagrid’s hut. This is where the Care of Magical Creatures class with Hagrid will begin.
- The attraction will include a pre-show where guests will encounter Arthur Weasley, Hagrid, and his loyal dog, Fang.
- The new coaster will include seven total launches – the most of any roller coaster in the world.
- Guests will be launched up to 50 miles per hour through the Forbidden Forest.
- The coaster will also be the first in the U.S. to feature a free-fall vertical drop.
- The track will be the longest of any coaster in Florida, measuring nearly a mile in length at 5,052 feet.
- The attraction, which is being called a “story coaster,” will catapult guests 65 feet in the air at a nearly 70 degree angle before dropping them backwards all in one movement.
More on Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure:
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure opens June 13 at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure.
- Universal Orlando revealed some of the creatures guests will encounter in the new attraction, including Fluffy, the three-headed dog, Cornish Pixies, Devil’s Snare and Centaurs.
- Universal also recently gave a look at the Hagrid animated figure that will be featured in the attraction.
- Guests will have the option to ride either the motorcycle or the adjacent sidecar, with each one providing a unique experience.
- Guests will soar into the Forbidden Forest and encounter some of the Wizarding World’s most magnificent creatures.
- The attraction will feature rich environments and sets including a forest of 1,200 live trees.
- The new attraction will fill the space previously occupied by the popular Dragon Challenge coaster.