Marvel and Netflix have announced the premiere date for the third and final season of the superhero series Jessica Jones on the streaming service.
- Season three of Marvel’s Jessica Jones will premiere on Netflix on June 14.
- Back in February, Netflix announced the cancellation of Jessica Jones and fellow Marvel series The Punisher.
- That announcement came just a few months after the streaming service cancelled Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage in the fall of last year.
- Netflix and Marvel announced their partnership back in 2013 with Daredevil being the first series to premiere on the streaming service.
- Late last year, Disney+ chairman, Kevin Mayer, recently indicated that the possibility of reviving the Netflix set is not off the table.
- Jessica Jones is executive produced by showrunner Melissa Rosenberg along with Marvel’s Jeph Loeb.
More on Jessica Jones:
- The hard-living, superpowered detective will be back for the next part of her journey — what does it mean for her relationships with Trish, Malcom, Jeri Hogarth, and anyone new who might cross her path?
- Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones
- Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker
- Carrie-Anne Moss as Jeri Hogarth
- Eka Darville as Malcolm Ducasse
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- It seems that Disney+ has found a director for their Marvel miniseries,The Falcon and Winter Soldier. Kari Skogland will reportedly helm the MCU-based project for Disney’s upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service.
- Marvel is celebrating the biggest moments in the history of the X-Men with the debut of a four-part documentary shorts series.
- Marvel and NetEase have announced the launch of a new strategic partnership that will focus on creating gaming, comic, and television content for fans in China and beyond. The two companies will draw inspiration from Marvel’s vast collection of characters to develop these new offerings.