It’s never too early to start preparing for your next runDisney event. The Disney Parks Blog has just revealed some new limited edition MagicBands that will be available during next year’s races, including designs for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend.
- Each of the two new designs feature artwork inspired by their respective runDisney events.
- The 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend design feature Mickey Mouse running as well as images of all four Walt Disney World parks.
- The 2020 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend design features Cinderella, Pocohontas and Moana.
- Both limited edition MagicBands will cost $34.99 and will be available for pre-arrival purchase in the ‘Products’ tab in the runDisney accounts of currently-registered participants of available 2020 runDisney events.
- The bands will be available in very limited quantities:
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend – edition size of 2,000
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend – edition size of 1,000
- The Parks Blog also mentions a 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend MagicBand design that will be coming soon.
- This new design will be available when event registration opens on July 16 and will have an edition size of 1,000.
ICYMI – More Walt Disney World news:
- Walt Disney World is opening a new extension behind Magic Kingdom on Wednesday, July 10. This roadway extension will help with the flow of traffic around the resort for both Cast Members and Florida residents.
- The March of the First Order at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as well as roaming Stormtroopers will host their final performance on July 6th.
- This September, UP! A Great Bird Adventure at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will take a short hiatus and reopen with some changes to the show.
- As Epcot continues its previously-announced transformation, today we’re learning more about the timeline for temporary and permanent closures at the park — with the first changes coming this September.