National Geographic is preparing to join the D23 Expo for the first time ever, with unique experiences that inspire curiosity and exploration for fans of all ages.
- For the first time at D23 Expo, guests will engage with National Geographic’s wildly popular series, talent, explorers, and some very special animal guests.
- National Geographic will also be supporting its Disney+ originals at D23 Expo.
- Details on experiences, talent appearances, and special signings in the National Geographic pavilion will be made available on the D23 Expo app and include the following:
- August 23 from 1 to 2 PM – Get inspired at a book signing with legendary rock climber Alex Honnold, featured in the Academy Award-winning film Free Solo, which documented his achievement of his lifelong dream: to climb the face of the 3,200-foot El Capitan in Yosemite National Park, without a rope.
- August 24 from 3 to 4 PM – The doctor will see you now. His day isn’t complete unless he’s checked a cow for pregnancy or helped a goat with pneumonia. But it’s all in a day’s work for Dr. Jan Pol from Nat Geo WILD’s No. 1 series, The Incredible Dr. Pol. Hear his amazing animal stories, and cuddle up with his surprise guests—his cutest, furriest, four-legged friends.
- August 25 from 11 AM to noon – Sue Aikens, from multiple-Emmy-award-winning series Life Below Zero, will talk about her jaw-dropping lifestyle in the remote corners of Alaska. Get a little taste of the subzero temperatures of Alaska while she signs autographs, takes pictures, and shares her incredible tales.
- Throughout the weekend on the show floor, National Geographic is also creating a unique fan experience—Beneath the Blue—a breathtaking underwater world that will take you on an incredible journey to explore the oceans and learn more about the impact of single-use plastic on marine life.
- In addition, National Geographic will present incredible panels during D23 Expo, including WOMEN OF IMPACT: Meet the Nat Geo Explorers Changing the World on Saturday, August 24, from 10 to 11 AM on Stage 28, featuring women on the front lines of exploration, conservation, and storytelling.
- Then, on Sunday, August 25, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM at the D23 Expo Arena, fans will get a first look at the reboot of Brain Games, National Geographic’s wildly popular series, during Power Up Your Brain With Keegan-Michael Key.
- Joining Key on stage will be top-class mentalist Lior Suchard, who will no doubt deliver fans an engaging and mind-blowing experience.
More on D23 Expo 2019:
- Disney on Broadway is returning to the D23 Expo in 2019 to present a special concert celebrating their 25th anniversary.
- The Simpsons will be coming to this year’s D23 Expo.
- The Disney Music Emporium will return to the D23 Expo this summer with a pop-up shop featuring amazing new musical collectibles.
- Disney Channel and Disney Junior stars will be meeting with guests during three fun-filled days at the upcoming expo.
- D23 recently shared pictures and descriptions of new collections and limited-edition merchandise coming to the expo.
- Check out the full major presentation lineup for the D23 Expo 2019.
D23 Expo 2019 takes place Friday, August 23 through Sunday, August 25 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Want to see everything going on at D23 Expo 2019? Check out our guide for this year’s event, including the complete schedule of panels and character meet-and-greets.