Kenny Ortega – director of Disney favorites like High School Musical, Descendants, Hocus Pocus and much more – received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today.
- Ortega, who will also become a Disney Legend next month, was joined on stage by several guests who shared some kind words on the director and his illustrious career. Those guests included:
- Actress Jennifer Grey, who worked with Ortega on Dirty Dancing.
- Kathy Najimy, who played Mary in Hocus Pocus.
- Gary Marsh, President and Chief Creative Officer of Disney Channel which served as the platform for so many of Ortega’s projects.
- During his speech, Ortega took the time to remember Descendants star Cameron Boyce, who recently passed away at the age of 20.
Kenny Ortega remembers "Descendants" star Cameron Boyce: "His all-too brief appearance in this life inspired me beyond words, and many of us here and generations of kids and families all over the world" pic.twitter.com/y2gCaxPXiN
— Variety (@Variety) July 24, 2019
- You can see the full presentation of Kenny Ortega’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the video below.
ICYMI – More Disney Channel news:
- Producer Zanne Devine has reportedly signed an overall deal with Disney Channels Worldwide. Her role with the company will be to create and produce future movies for both Disney Channel and Disney+.
- Disney Channel fans will have a new show to get excited about as the network has ordered The Curse of Molly McGee to series. The animated show will follow the adventures of tween, Molly and a grumpy ghost, Scratch.
- During the DuckTales panel at San Diego Comic-Con, the cast and creators of the current iteration of the series revealed what the future holds for our feathered friends.
- Just ahead of that DuckTales panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Disney announced the cast of their upcoming Disney Junior series, The Rocketeer. Disney shared the first trailer for the series that follows young Kit Secord as she protects her town from danger.