ABC News’ TJ Holmes sat down with Descendants 3 stars Booboo Stewarts and Dove Cameron as well as director Kenny Ortega to discuss the recent passing of Cameron Boyce and to remember their former co-star.
- The three were obviously very emotional while discussing Boyce’s passing, but that didn’t stop them from saying great things about the 20-year-old actor.
- “When he walked into the room, the light changed and the energy shifted,” said director Kenny Ortega, who recently shared some heartfelt words about Boyce during his Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony.
- Sofia Carson, another Descendants star, sat down for another interview to discuss Boyce, saying “if you could bottle up happiness, that was Cam. He was pure happiness and pure joy.”
- On Tuesday, the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner – Coroner autopsy report was released stating that Boyce’s death was a “sudden unexpected death in epilepsy.”
- According to reports, on July 6, Boyce had a seizure in his sleep related to an ongoing medical condition for which he was being treated.
- A spokesperson for the family said the actor suffered from epilepsy and that the medical condition is what caused his death.
- Boyce was just 20 years old and was best known to fans for his starring role as Carlos in Disney Channel’s Descendants movies.
- The young actor can be seen in the upcoming Descendants 3 which airs on Disney Channel on August 2. The movie will be dedicated to Boyce.
- In addition to his Descendants role, Boyce’s film credits include:
- Grown Ups
- Grown Ups 2
- Eagle Eye
- He also starred in Disney Channel’s Jessie, and the upcoming HBO series, Mrs. Fletcher.
Descendants 3 will premiere on Friday, August 2 on Disney Channel and will be dedicated to Boyce, with a special tribute video following the movie.