- Sharon McGuire, who is best known for directing the Bridget Jones movies has been tapped to helm a new comedy feature film for Disney+, titled Godmothered, with Isla Fisher and Jillian Bell to star.
- Bell (22 Jump Street, Rough Night, Office Christmas Party) will play a young, unskilled fairy godmother who is out to prove that she is worth something when she sets out to help a young girl who needed help but was ultimately ignored.
- Fisher (Definitely Maybe, Tag, Wedding Crashers) will play the older version of that young girl, who as an adult needs far more than just a prince.
- Writing the script for the new project are Melissa Stack and Kari Granlund, Granlund should be versed in writing for a Disney+ production as she penned Lady and the Tramp which debuted alongside the streaming service last year.
- Production on Godmothered is set to begin later this month.
- A relaunch of the 1986 teen drama Space Camp is reportedly in the works at Disney+ with Mikey Day and Streeter Seidell tapped to pen the script.
- Terri Minsky, creator of the original Lizzie McGuire series for the Disney Channel, has stepped down from her position of Showrunner on the new sequel series that is in production for Disney+.
- Disney shared the official trailer for the new Disney+ family movie, Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made. Before heading to Disney+ in February, the film will screen in the “Kids” section of the Sundance Film Festival in late January.