As we reported last month, a new docu-series is set to debut on Disney+ that will take us on backstage tours of various projects from the Disney company. Today, we got a first look at what to expect from the new series.
- Earlier today, the folks over at Disney+ released a first look at the recently announced new documentary series coming to the streaming service, Disney Insider.
- The first look shows various projects that could be seen in the first episode and beyond, including Katy Perry from American Idol, rehearsal footage likely from the upcoming Cirque Du Soleil production, Drawn to Life, and some computer code that is likely from somewhere at the Pixar Studios. We will know for sure when the series begins streaming later this month.
- Disney Insider is a new documentary series that will feature behind-the-scenes looks at various projects from all arms of the Walt Disney Company. From parks, and movies, to television and music, the weekly series will focus on three different stories all connected to what makes Disney storytelling so special and featuring the latest and most exciting projects in each new episode.
- The first episode is set to debut on the streaming service on Friday, March 20th. The episode will feature Katy Perry taking viewers on a behind-the-scenes look at the Hawaiian set of American Idol at Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa. Also featured in the premiere episode is Grace VanderWaal who will discuss her acting debut in Disney+’s StarGirl, before getting into the making of the upcoming Pixar film, Onward with producer Kori Rae.
- Disney Insider is the next in a growing list of documentary shows that focus on Disney projects, like The Imagineering Story, Waking Sleeping Beauty, and One Day at Disney.
- Disney Insider is set to debut on Disney+ on Friday, March 20th.
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now