Bob Chapek has announced some organizational changes at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products following the departure of Kevin Mayer, which includes former WDW President Josh D’Amaro becoming Chairman of Disney Parks, Experience and Products.
- Bob Chapek has announced a new leadership team for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products that includes the following:
- Josh D’Amaro, formerly President, Walt Disney World Resort, has been named Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
- Jeff Vahle, formerly President, Disney Signature Experiences, has been named President, Walt Disney World Resort.
- Ken Potrock, who had served as President, Consumer Products, becomes President, Disneyland Resort.
- Kareem Daniel, formerly President, Walt Disney Imagineering Operations/Product Creation/Publishing/Games, has been named President, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing.
- Thomas Mazloum, who was Senior Vice President of Resort and Transportation Operations at Walt Disney World Resort, becomes President, Disney Signature Experiences.
- The following key roles within the organization remain the same:
- Michael Colglazier, President & Managing Director, Disney Parks International
- Jill Estorino, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Sales
- Margaret Giacolone, Chief Counsel
- Tami Garcia, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Diversity and Inclusion
- Alannah Hall-Smith, Senior Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs
- George Kalogridis, President, Segment Development and Enrichment
- Kevin Lansberry, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Tilak Mandadi, Executive Vice President, Digital and Chief Technology Officer
- Bob Weis, President, Walt Disney Imagineering
- In addition, Rebecca Campbell, former President, Disneyland Resort, was named Chairman, Direct-to-Consumer and International, for The Walt Disney Company.
- That role was previously held by Kevin Mayer, who announced today that he’d be leaving the company to become CEO of TikTok.
What They’re Saying:
- Bob Chapek: “I’m incredibly proud of the new leadership team at Parks, beginning with the segment’s Chairman, longtime Disney veteran Josh D’Amaro, and his newly announced team of Jeff Vahle, Ken Potrock, Kareem Daniel and Thomas Mazloum. These talented executives played pivotal roles while leading our exceptional cast members during the largest period of growth in the segment’s history, which included the expansion of our parks and resorts around the world, the addition of new attractions including two highly acclaimed Star Wars-themed lands, and a shift to more personalized experiences for guests. And I am confident that as they assume even greater responsibility and pursue new opportunities, these proven leaders will have an even bigger impact on the future of our company.”
- Josh D’Amaro: “I want to thank Bob for giving me this opportunity, and I look forward to following his record of driving innovation, value and growth at Parks. I am honored to be able to lead this newly announced team of exceptional senior leaders as we assume our new roles and continue to deliver unforgettable experiences for our guests. Even during this challenging time, the enthusiasm of our dedicated cast members for what we do is unwavering, and my goal is to bring them back to work as soon as possible so they can continue to create that magic.”
- Jeff Vahle: “With Walt Disney World approaching its 50th anniversary, there could not be a more gratifying time to be selected for this role and to work with the incredible team responsible for creating magical memories for millions of guests each year. I plan to continue to build on the momentum from Josh’s tenure, bringing even more innovative entertainment and experiences to our guests.”
- Ken Potrock: “I’m grateful for the opportunity to join the remarkable team at Walt Disney’s original park. This Resort holds a special place in the hearts of our Guests around the world – a responsibility that we all take very seriously, and we will continue to build on that foundation by delivering unforgettable experiences, while creating memories that last a lifetime.”
- Kareem Daniel: “Uniting the businesses responsible for bringing the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world will allow us to seamlessly extend the stories and characters consumers love across different platforms. I look forward to working with this team to bring Disney franchises to audiences around the world in new and innovative ways.”
- Thomas Mazloum: “I am thrilled to continue my Disney career by joining the businesses renowned for providing personalized and uniquely Disney experiences and delivering world-class guest service. I cannot wait to bring even more magic to guests on the seas and at our remarkable destinations around the world.”
- Josh D’Amaro Honors Disney’s Hollywood Studios Anniversary During Closure
- WDW President Josh D’Amaro Shares Letter to Cast Members As Furlough Period Begins
- “We’re Still Here and Will Not Falter” Disney Parks Presidents Share Encouraging Messages on Instagram
- Rebecca Campbell Shares Video of US Air Force Thunderbirds Flying Over Disneyland Resort