- Hulu began rolling out a new user interface today on tvOS and Roku devices.
- The biggest difference is that the interface now has a horizontal scrolling collection of movies and shows, replacing the vertical experience.
- The goal of the update is to make it easier to navigate through Hulu’s library in fewer clicks.
- The new interface will also highlight new content with larger tiles while the “Keep Watching” tiles will be smaller so users can see more information at a time.
- The update also includes backend changes that improve Hulu’s ability to recommend relevant content based on what users watch.
- The new user experience brings Hulu in line with the rest of the Disney streaming bundle that includes Disney+ and ESPN+.
- Hulu says the new interface will roll out on all devices over the next several months, while The Verge says today’s rollout will also include Apple TV. Our Apple TV Hulu app update did not include the new interface.
More Hulu Stories:
- National Streaming Day Announcements for Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu
- Playing Fast and Loose with History: The Inspiration Behind Hulu’s “The Great”
- Hulu to Reunite Cast and Creators of Hit Comedy Series “Just Shoot Me!”
- Everything Coming to Hulu in June 2020
- “Solar Opposites” Ranks As The #1 SVOD Title On Hulu Since Premiering Friday, May 8th
- Stream All Seven Season of ABC’s “Scandal” on Hulu Starting May 20