The star of the recently-released Marvel’s Avengers video game is still set to get her own series on Disney+ and it looks like that series is getting closer to starting production. Marvel has reportedly tapped Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah to direct at least one episode of the coming Ms. Marvel series, according to The Direct.
- El Arbi and Fallah are best known for directing the 2020 action/comedy Bad Boys for Life.
- It’s unclear how many episodes the pair of directors will helm.
- Production on the new series is expected to begin in in the fall and run into spring 2021.
- Ms. Marvel will follow Kamala Khan, Marvel Comics’ first Muslim character.
- The series was announced at the D23 Expo last year, along with She-Hulk and Moon Knight.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Marvel shared a look at the new “Avengers: Infinity Quest” pinball machines from Stern Pinball.
- Disney+ is now streaming the ABC News special Chadwick Boseman: A Tribute for a King which honors the legacy of the late actor.
- With the release of Marvel’s Avengers, Marvel has developed its largest-ever collection of game-inspired products to give every fan the chance to celebrate The Avengers at home, with game-inspired apparel, collectibles, action figures, accessories and more.
- Amazon is reportedly in talks to be the distributor for a package of series based on Marvel characters controlled by Sony.