- Deadline has revealed that American Horror Story: 1984 actress Emma Meisel will play Steph Denisco, best friend of Lahela Kameāloha (Peyton Elizabeth Lee) in the Disney+ reboot of Doogie Howser, M.D.
- Steph Denisco is described as being Lahela’s dramatic friend who likes making an entrance and advises her friend about her love life.
- Also new to the cast are Matthew Sato as Lahela’s brother Kai and Mapuana Makia as Noelani, a resident at the hospital.
- Other previous casting announcements include:
- Like the show it’s inspired by, Doogie Kameāloha, M.D. follows a brilliant teenage doctor, but puts a new twist on the tale by making the protagonist a female and setting the story in Hawaii.
- 10 episodes have been ordered by Disney+ and the show is currently filming in Honolulu and Los Angeles, scheduled for a 2021 streaming premiere.